Research Assistant (m/f, part-time)
For a research project, funded by the real estate company Ziegert, we are looking for a
(m/f, part-time, part-time with approx. 17 hours / week, max. 4 years)
The ideal candidate would be a PhD student of business administration, management science or social sciences. A sound understanding and insight gained on the job or during studies within the real estate industry or urban planning or geography fields is desirable. We are looking for a candidate who is interested in applied research in the corporate responsibility and sustainability areas and has a decent knowledge of the ongoing activities regarding sustainability in the real estate industry.
The research assistant will be working at the Center for Sustainable Business, an international center specialized in formulating, implementing and evaluating corporate sustainability initiatives.
As Research assistant you will
|You are qualified, because you|
- work on a research project, which explores the business case for sustainability in the real estate industry
- work at the established Center for Sustainable Business, in close interactions with large international companies as well as sustainability pioneers
- work in cooperation with the real estate company
- review literature, collect data, analyze it and write research papers and articles for practitioners
- establish KPIs and measurements to track sustainable activities with business impact
- explore innovative business solutions based on sustainability activities
- are currently a PhD student in one of the above-mentioned fields
- are motivated to work in an international academic environment
- are completely fluent in English and German
- have some research experience in and good understanding of corporate responsibility and sustainability related fields of study
- have had real world exposure
- have good analytical skills
- know about qualitative and quantitative research
- have excellent organizational and efficient time-management skills, attention to details, and a team worker’s spirit
This is what we can offer you
We offer one of the most international working environments in a historic building in the heart of Berlin where you will work at the Center for Sustainable Business. As a member of our team, you find an open-minded, collegial, inspiring, and goal-oriented atmosphere. At ESMT, communication channels are short and hierarchies are flat.
We are looking forward to receiving your application via e-mail (Subject: : RA CSB) including:
- motivation letter including your possible start date
- CV with relevant certificates and references
- work permit for non-EU citizens
Please combine all the documents into one pdf file.
Application deadline: January 5, 2018.
Human Resources Manager
ESMT Berlin, Schlossplatz 1, 10178 Berlin-Mitte